Postdoctoral Research Associate, Sydney Southeast Asia Centre (SSEAC), Reference no. 295/0218
Full-time fixed term for 12 months, extendable to two years for high performers, remuneration package: AUD 114Kp.a. (including base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super)
The Sydney Southeast Asia Centre (SSEAC) is a university-wide multidisciplinary centre at the University of Sydney that promotes scholarly engagement with Southeast Asia. Our postdoctoral positions are available to postdoctoral researchers working on topics related to our five research clusters—economic and social development, environment and resources, health, heritage and the arts, state and society—in any Southeast Asian country (or countries) and in any discipline. This year, we are offering a postdoctoral position in the area of economic and social development.
Appointees, who may sit within the centre or in a relevant host department, are required to spend up to 20% of their time on centre duties, allocated at the discretion of the SSEAC director. The remaining 80% of their time is available for their own research projects, with research targets set in consultation with the SSEAC director. Candidates who have held their PhDs for no more than five (5) years are eligible to apply. Appointments are for one year, with a possible extension for a second year for high-performing appointees.
In this position, you will:
* conduct your individual research according to an agreed timeline and scope
* prepare and submit high-quality publications according to an agreed timeline
* design, plan, schedule and prepare for implementation of future research projects
* contribute to the life of SSEAC through a range of SSEAC-related duties
The successful candidate will have:
* an interest in social and/or economic development in Southeast Asia
* a PhD in a relevant field of study
* experience conducting original research related to Southeast Asia
* experience publishing in high-quality journals
* the ability to actively contribute to the life of SSEAC
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. For guidance on how to apply, click here search for the position number.